This is just some of the closing/sales technique phrases that a firm called John Thomas Financial utilized when it was a Wall Street trading firm. Many of these phrases are timeless classics that work in any industry. Just substitute your business, or product, to the word “broker”, or “stock”, etc., and you are on your way to sales success. Learn a handful of these and watch your sales increase. Closing the sale is an art…one that you can master with practice. Not every person involved in selling a product will take the time to learn any of these phrases…which gives you an advantage. The old axiom of “Always Be Closing”, or ABC, as it is known on Wall Street, and within the halls of the corporate HQ’s of virtually every ultra successful company in the world, is the cornerstone concept of using these phrases. Always be closing your prospect…from the initial contact to the final signing…to delivery…to follow through. Always Be Closing and you will have the tools to fund your alternative retirement lifestyle.
These are the TOP POWER PHRASES of all time;
1) I am a successful broker and I make a very good living. Do you know why? It is because my clients are successful because they listen and move on my recommendations, and more importantly I guide them out at the right time.
2) I want to be the one to tell you about opportunities before you hear about them somewhere else, like the golf course.
3) A broker has but one commodity to offer his clients, and that is service. I’ll handle and service your account the same way I would my own. I’ll be in touch with you as often as I need to be. I will advise you on the sale of your securities. All I am going to ask of you is first, when I recommend we sell, lets do it, and second after I have shown you a return you are satisfied with maybe you could recommend an investor or two.
4) This isn’t something I want you to do; this is something you need to do for yourself.
5) Give me just 1% of your trust and confidence and I will earn the other 99%.
6) This account will come back to you in spades.
7) Lets get started here on (shares), in the future when I earn your confidence, we will work bigger.
8) Work with me here, it will be the best decision you will ever make.
9) You are going to be a client of mine for life.
10) All I ask is when I am right, we will work a lot bigger in the future.
11) All I ask is when I am right, we never work this small again.
12) All I ask is when I am right, you send me a few referrals.
13) If this stock does half as well as I say, we will work a lot bigger in the future.
14) If this stock does half as well as I say, we will never work this small again.
15) If this stock does half as well as I say, you can send me a few referrals.
16) Judge me on a % gain basis and in the future you are going to work bigger and better.
17) If I am half right, we go out for a steak dinner on you…is that fair enough?
18) Within one year, I am confident I will handling the bulk of your portfolio.
19) Let my performance speak for itself over the next 60-90 days.
20) I think the only problem we are going to have over the next few weeks is you didn’t know me well enough to pick up more.
21) Don’t deny yourself the opportunity to benefit from JTF’s institutional timing.
22) You know this is the right investment, and you have to own it!
23) You can buy this with your eyes close!
24) We want to make you money here more than you do… we want a long-term relationship, not a one night stand.
25) We are not interested in the number of shares you buy…we can always buy more on the way up if you like.
26) Use this company as a benchmark for all of our future business.
27) Please listen closely, I’ll be brief….
28) When the market is up, I am a seller, when the market is down, I am a buyer.
29) Our single most important asset is our reputation. Wealthy people in America have trusted us for over 15 years. While we are aggressive from time to time with some of our capital, we never gamble our reputation, we simply have the best credentials on the street.
30) You have an opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest money managers of Wall Street.
31) Read those numbers back to me!
32) We know what we’re doing… We’re the best in the business.
33) We’re the investment banker, don’t you think we know?
34) I am looking for an opportunity to prove myself one time, a benchmark of performance.
35) Clearly, being ahead of the crowd makes a difference between outstanding performance and mediocre performance.
36) We are quietly taking a position on this company.
37) I got successful by spending my time with winners.
38) The value wont last at these levels.
39) Give me the opportunity to show you how we manage your money.
40) This is at a level at which we don’t believe we’ll see again… This is a last chance saloon!
41) I am just talking to you as a businessman. The numbers make sense. Its not a sexy story… If it was sexy, I wouldn’t be showing it to you.
42) You don’t see that every day…a guy that’s been in five businesses and successful at all of them.
43) Hey, no problem, I read you loud and clear!
44) I am just looking for an opportunity to earn your confidence.
45) The numbers speak for themselves, lets do the math together.
46) The risk is boredom.
47) That’s the whole key!
48) You know something, 99% of the people I talk to say that, and that’s exactly why I am coming to you today…Do you understand what I am saying?
49) I have a friend who is a very successful retailer, not because he sells high, because he buys cheap.
50) I am just your eyes and ears into what the smartest money on Wall Street is doing.
51) Do you see the opportunity?
52) Can you see how crucial this is to the bottom line?
53) Do you see why this company is so different from the rest of the industry?
54) Can you see the trend?
55) Do you see what we see?
56) Do you see the power here?
57) Can you see how (stock) has positioned itself in the industry?
58) Are you seriously interested in making money or are you just being polite?
59) Is you main concern the risk of losing money?
60) Has any investment banker given you a better presentation than I have?
61) Are you comfortable with (firm name)? Don’t you think we are going to be here for a while?
62) If you believe we are right, how can you not buy it? Can you think of any reasons you shouldn’t own it now at this price and time?
63) Do you see why its so important to act quickly?
64) Will you let me sell when I want to sell?
65) What results would you like to see achieved here?
66) I’d call that a Major League home run, wouldn’t you?
67) This idea is that good, why do you think I am spending so much time with you?
68) We work with action oriented research, first hand information.
69) I like to put my best foot forward with new accounts like yourself, using this as a beginning for a long term trading relationship. That’s why I’d like to figure you for 100 shares…OK?
70) This company cannot stay at this price range with this kind of growth, so lets pick up 100 shares, OK?
71) The risk reward ratio is heavily in your favor. This situation is too good to pass by.
72) My clients judge me on what price I get them in and what price I get them out. My reputation is only as good as my recommendation, and timing is the most important key to making money in the market trust me, that’s good!!! I am not going to let you down!
73) There is continuity of revenue that justifies appreciation.
74) (Prospect) I think what you really want to know is, will the stock go up and make you money? Absolutely!!
75) This is a tremendous opportunity that I am absolutely convinced, without a shadow of a doubt.
76) If you ever dreamed of making money n the market, now is the time! Use your foresight, look at the good things happening all around you.
77) If there was ever a chance for me to make money for you…It’s now!! The only problem is how much of this company you should own.
78) People have not yet begun to realize what this company can do. Our timing couldn’t be better! I know smart investors will truly take advantage of this tremendous opportunity
You are going to make money in the biggest bull market we have seen since 1933.
79) Listen, we have done our homework on this one and if you are serious about investing, this is the opportunity.
80) The worst decision is no decision!